It’s Friday and that means PIZZA 🍕!! And not just any pizza.. pizza rolls!!!! These are sooo good! And simple! I make a double batch and freeze half(before putting the glaze on) for nights I need something quick! You know that it’s one of your late night guilty pleasures maybe after a drink or two 🥃 🤫 And the kids love it too because it’s a finger food😊
Makes 4 Servings
1 Serving(2 rolls): 470 Calories, 40g Fat, 6g Carbs, 19g Protein
1 Cup almond flour
3 Tbsp coconut flour
2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking powder
1⁄4 tsp salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
1⁄4 tsp onion powder
2 tsp apple cider vinegar 1 egg
2 tsp water
1⁄4 Cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1⁄2 Cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tsp parsley
1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
2 oz sliced pepperoni
4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 Tbsp butter, melted 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. First, get started on your dough. Add almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt to a large bowl and whisk.
3. In a small bowl mix together the apple cider vinegar, water, and the egg. Combine with the almond flour mixture. Use damp hands at this point to knead the dough.
4. Place the dough on top of parchment paper and then place another piece on top of the dough. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough into a rectangle about 10 inches wide by 8 inches tall (if it’s not exact don’t worry)!
5. Next sprinkle the dough with the cheese. Make sure to keep a 2 inch border around the dough free of toppings. Then sprinkle the bacon and pepperoni on top of that. Finally sprinkle the parsley and garlic powder on top.
6. Now roll the dough in on itself like you are making a swiss cake roll. You want to roll it taking the shorter side and folding it over on itself (so the short side is folding left to right). Refrigerate the roll for 15 mins. Then use a knife to slice the roll into 8 little rolls.
7. Place the rolls on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 mins. Remove from
the oven. Combine the glaze ingredients together and brush over the rolls. Return to the
oven for 2-4 mins until golden.
8. Serve with marinara.