Banana Caramel Walnut Bagels
Yeah it’s Wednesday and we are all just waiting for the weekend.. but SERIOUSLY try these Banana Caramel Walnut Bagels!! They are to die for! I toasted mine with a little cream cheese for breakfast and I am debating reworking my day to fit another in for lunch🤣
Keto4karboholics Banana Caramel Walnut Bagel
Makes 9 Servings
1 Servings: 297 Calories, 23g Fat, 5g Carbs, 17g Protein
2 cups almond flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 Cup erythritol
1 Tbsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp banana extract
2 large eggs
3 cups shredded low moisture mozzarella cheese
5oz cream Cheese
3 Tbsp Caramel Choczero (or my caramel recipe on my website Keto4karboholics.com)
1/4 Cup diced walnuts
1 Tbsp erythritol
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, erythritol. Mix until well combined
3. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and fork whisk. Mix in the banana extract.
4. In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir to combine. Return to microwave for 1 additional minute. Mix until well combined.
5. To the mixing bowl, add the eegs and the almond flour mixture. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. If the dough gets too stringy and unworkable, simply put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften and continue mixing.
6. Divide the dough into 9 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball.
7. Gently press your finger into the center of each dough ball to form a ring. Stretch the ring to make a small hole in the center and form it into a bagel shape.
8. Bake on the middle rack for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven and drizzle caramel over the top and sprinkle with erythritol and walnuts. Return to the oven for 3 mins. Then COOL.