Double Chocolate Chip Fauxgranola Bar
These are a STAPLE in my home! Seriously, you need a quick snack or meal? Faux granola bar! You need a post workout snack? Faux granola bar! You need something that travels well to keep you on track on vacation? Faux granola bars! My kids love them, my mom keto friends, and even the picky hubby! They are crazy easy to make too. I am working on another new flavor too!What’s your favorite flavor of granola bars?
Double Chocolate Chip Faux-Granola Bars
Makes 15 Bars
1 Bar: 360 Calories, 29g Fat, 3g Carbs, 9g Protein
½ Cup Hemp hearts
2 Cup Sliced almonds
1 ½ Cup Pecans, Chopped
2 Cup Unsweetened coconut flakes, tightly packed
2 Large egg
½ Cup Brown Swerve or Erythritol
6 Tbsp Peanut Butter
2 Tbsp Coconut oil
4 Tbsp Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup (Choczero is a good one in the US or
you can make your own!)
3 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
½ Cup Sugar free/Low carb chocolate chips
1. Heat your oven to 375F degrees and line an 8x13 inch pan with
2. Place the nuts and coconut flakes on 3 separate small baking
sheets. Bake until golden brown and toasted. The coconut will only
take 2-4 minutes, the almonds about 3-5 minutes and the chopped pecans
about 7-10 minutes. Let cool completely. Reduce the oven temperature
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg , cocoa powder, and erythritol.
4. In a separate small, microwave-safe bowl, melt the almond
butter, vanilla extract, sugar free syrup, and coconut oil until
smooth, about 30 seconds. Whisk into the egg mixture until well
5. Add in all the nuts, hemp hearts, coconut, cinnamon, and salt
and stir until well combined. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Press very firmlyinto the prepared pan. Bake until the top just
feels set, about 17 minutes at 350F degrees. Let cool COMPLETELY to
room temperature in the pan.
7. Cut into 15 even sized bars. **To make your own combine ¼ Cup sugar free chocolate chips with 2
Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp coconut oil and melt until smooth (microwave 30
sec at a time then stir and repeat until smooth).