Maple Bacon Donuts
MAPLE BACON DONUTS🥰😚My husband is OBSESSED with this new donut I created for my next challenge!! I think I may have saw him lick the plate after devouring his donut!! Perfect weekend breakfast with a cup of tea!!
Don’t forget today is the last day to sign up for the weight loss challenge(5 weeks of recipes, grocery lists, support group and a CASH prize over $11,500 to be split between two winners)! This isn’t a diet bet! This is an amazing group of men and women supporting each other as I teach them about keto, the science behind it, how to track, and macros!!
Maple Bacon Donuts
Makes 6 donuts
1 Donut: 263 Calories, 23g Fat, 2g Carbs, 12g Protein
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup butter, melted
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp Brown Swerve or erythritol
2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
¼- ½ Cup powdered erythritol
1/2 tsp maple extract
2 Tbsp melted butter
2-3 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk (a bit more or less to reach a nice glazed consistency)
5 slices thick cut bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
2 tbsp Brown Swerve or erythritol
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. Using a hand mixer and a medium bowl, blend the butter, cream and sweetener until smooth.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and blend until combined. Next add the almond flour and baking powder and mix well.
4. Spoon the dough into a well-greased donut pan (if you don’t have one you can make them in a cupcake/muffin pan). 5. Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
6. Once they are done cooling(about 10 mins) begin on the glaze. Combine the melted butter, maple extract, almond milk, and powdered erythritol and whisk until it’s a SMOOTH glaze. You may need to add a bit more almond milk. Microwave the glaze for 20 seconds and stir again.
7. Then dip the donut in the glaze and sprinkle with bacon and a little brown swerve. Repeat to each donut.