Parmesan Garlic Bagels
GARLIC PARMESAN BAGELS
Prep Time 8 Mins •Total Time 20 mins
1 Serving: 361 Calories, 31g Fat, 18g Protein, 4g Net Carbs
2 cups almond flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp erythritol
1 tsp garlic powder
2 large eggs
3 cups shredded low moisture mozzarella cheese
4oz cream cheese
5 cloves of garlic crushed
2 Tbsp butter, melted
3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, erythritol. Mix until well combined
3. In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir to combine. Return to microwave for 1 additional minute. Mix until well combined.
4. Next add the eggs and the almond flour mixture. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. If the dough gets too stringy and unworkable, simply put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften and continue mixing.
5. Divide the dough into 9 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball.
Gently press your finger into the center of each dough ball to form a ring. Stretch the ring to make a small hole in the center and form it into a bagel shape.
6. Spread the garlic over the tops of the bagels, then sprinkle lightly with 1⁄2 of the Parmesan.
7. Bake on the middle rack for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and brush a bit of melted butter over the tops, then sprinkle with more Parmesan. Return to the oven for 2 mins.
9. Cool before slicing! Toasts best in a pan or toaster oven!