Dinner with a Mexican flair!! My Tamale Pie is flavorful, delicious, and just the right amount of spice! With a “corn bread-ish” type crust this is a midweek dinner that will turn up the heat 💃 (a great cinco de Mayo meal too for next month)! My husband is IN LOVE with this and it tastes even better the next day(if you have leftovers🤣)!Its just another delicious recipe from my weight loss challenges(don’t forget to sign up!). Also since it’s Wednesday stay tuned for what I eat in a day Wednesday!!!
Makes 6 Servings
1 Serving: 440 Calories, 34g Fat, 3g Carbs, 29g Protein Start to Table: Less than 35 mins “Corn Bread” Crust
1 cup almond flour
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded 1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
2 large eggs
1⁄4 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp butter, melted
3⁄4 lb cooked taco beef
1⁄2 Cup cheddar cheese, shredded 1⁄4 Cup Jalapeno, diced
1 Cup chicken broth
1⁄4 Cup tomato puree
1 bay leaf
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
1⁄2 tsp oregano
1⁄4 tsp salt
1⁄2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp erythritol
1⁄4 tsp cayenne powder 1/8 tsp ground clove
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon 1 Tbsp butter
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x9 inch glass baking dish.
2. In a large bowl toss together the cheese, almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder,
3. In another bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until well combined.
5. Pour the batter into the baking dish, spreading evenly.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. While the crust is baking combine sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and set aside.
8. Once crust is baked spread the meat evenly over the top.
9. Pour the sauce over the top evenly.
10. Then sprinkle the diced jalapenos and cheese over the meat/sauce.
11. Return to the oven and bake for 15 mins at 375F.