Pretzels Keto - Low Carb - Gluten Free
Makes 24 Rods
1 Rod: 117 Calories, 9.6g Fat, 1.8g Carbs, 6.2g Protein
3 cups part skim low moisture shredded mozzarella cheese
2 oz cream cheese
2 large eggs
4 Tbsp melted butter
1 3/4 cups almond flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 Tbsp coarse salt
1 tsp xanthan gum
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a microwave safe dish, place the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese and microwave in 30 sec increments, stirring in between, until fully melted(microwave longer if not smooth). 3. In a large bowl place the almond flour, baking powder, and xanthum gum and mix well.
4. Add the eggs and 3 Tbsp of melted butter and mix well.
5. Add the melted cheese and knead the dough with DAMP hands until all the ingredients are fully combined.
6. Split the dough into 12 balls. The dough is easiest to work with while it is warm.
7. Roll each ball into a long skinny log and cut in half to create 2 logs(roll out each a bit longer to thin). 8. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and give a little space with side as the pretzels will rise.
9. Brush the pretzels with the remaining butter and sprinkle with salt.
10. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.