Chocolate Cake With White Chocolate Frosting
Keto4Karboholics Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Frosting
Makes 14 servings
1 Serving: 332 Calories, 32g Fat, 3g carbs, 6g protein
1 stick (4 ounces) salted butter soft
1 cup Confectioners Swerve
1 large egg
2 cups Almond Flour
1/3 cup Coconut Flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Tbsp Ground flaxseed
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp almond milk with 1 Tbsp of vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F and position the rack to the lowest position. Spray 2, 6-inch round cake pans with baking spray and cut a piece of parchment paper to fit into the bottom of each pan.
2. Measure all of the Dry Ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk together.
3. Add all of the Wet Ingredients into a medium bowl and beat well.
4. In a large bowl, whip the butter until it is smooth and there are no lumps. Add the confectioners swerve and add to the butter. Whip with a hand mixer for 30 seconds to a minute on medium high to high speed until light, fluffy and cold. Scrape down the bowl. Add the egg and whip for another minute. Scrape down the bowl.
5. Add about 1/3 of the dry ingredients into the large bowl and mix until completely incorporated and still fluffy.
6. Add half of the wet ingredients, mixing until completely and thoroughly mixed. Scrape down the bowl.
7. Add half of the remaining dry ingredients, mixing until completely incorporated and then the rest of the wet ingredients, mixing until completely incorporated. Scrape down the bowl.
8. Add the last of the dry ingredients mixing well. The batter should be thick and mousse-like.
9. Add half of the batter to each pan and spread the batter evenly with a small off-set spatula.
10. Place the pans into the oven and raise the oven temperature to 400 for 5 minutes. Then turn it back down to 350 and bake 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove the pans to a cooling rack and cover them with a clean tea towel until they are completely cool.
1/3 Cup Sugar Free Chocolate Chips(I used white chocolate Choczero 😍 but you can do milk)
*Optional if you want chocolate frosting 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder*
2/3 Cup Confectioners Swerve
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1Tbsp Coconut Oil
½ Cup Salted Butter (room temp)
3oz Cream Cheese (room temp)
½ Cup Heavy Cream
Combine coconut oil and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals until melted(stir after 30 seconds). Once melted set aside. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and use a hand mixer or stand mixer to whisk on high for 3 minutes. Combine the melted chocolate chips and mix well. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before using.