White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Faux-Granola Bars Keto / Low Carb / Sugar Free / Grain-Free
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Faux-Granola Bars
Makes 20 Bars
1 Bar: 299 Calories, 30g Fat, 3g Carbs, 5g Protein
½ Cup Hemp hearts
1 ½ Cup Macadamia Nuts, chopped
1 Cup Pecans, Chopped
2 Cup Unsweetened coconut flakes, tightly packed
2 Large egg
½ Cup Brown Swerve or Erythritol
6 Tbsp Almond butter (Macadamia nut butter if you have it but it is pricey or peanut butter)
2 Tbsp Coconut oil
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 oz Cocoa butter
3 tbsp Coconut oil
1/4 tsp Sunflower lecithin is 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
2/3 Cup Powdered erythritol
1/4 Cup Heavy cream powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1. Heat your oven to 375F degrees and line an 8x13 inch pan with parchment paper.
2. Place the nuts and coconut flakes on 3 separate small baking sheets. Bake until golden brown and toasted. The coconut will only take 2-4 minutes, the macadamia nuts about 3-5 minutes and the chopped pecans about 7 minutes. Let cool completely. Reduce the oven temperature to 350F.
3. Begin working on the white chocolate (if you don’t have the ingredients or don’t like white chocolate substitute with 4 Tbsp caramel Chocozero or use my caramel syrup recipe). Boil a large pot of water (be sure to only fill it half way). Then turn the heat off and place a pyrex or metal bowl within the pot and combine all the chocolate ingredients. Stir until fully melted. Put aside.
4. In another large bowl, whisk together the egg and sweetener.
5. In a separate small, microwave-safe bowl, melt the almond butter, vanilla extract, and coconut oil until smooth, about 30 seconds. Whisk into the egg mixture until well combined. Finally, stir in the white chocolate.
6. Add in all the nuts, hemp hearts, coconut, and salt and stir until well combined.
7. Press very firmly into the prepared pan. Bake until the top just feels set, about 17 minutes at 350F degrees. Let cool COMPLETELY to room temperature in the pan.
8. Cut into 20 even sized bars.