Hello warm weather! Time for some pulled pork sandwiches! I used my never fail rolls and topped them with this deliciousness!! Dig in!
Keto4Karboholics Pulled Pork
Makes 18 Servings
1 Serving 4oz: 369 Calories, 25g Fat, 2g Carbs, 31g Protein
5lb Pork Butt or Shoulder
4 Cups Water
3 Cups Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Cup Kosher Salt
1/2 Cup Erythritol (Sukrin Gold if you have it is BEST)
3 Tbsp Dry Rub
2 Bay Leaves
½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 1/2 Tbsp Salt
1 Tbsp Pepper
2 tsp Cayenne Powder
2 tsp Ground Mustard
1 Tbsp Cumin
1/2 Tbsp Erythritol (Sukrin Gold if you have it is BEST)
For the Sauce
1/4 cup Erythritol (Sukrin Gold if you have it is BEST)
1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup White Vinegar
1/2 cup Water
2 tablespoons Butter
6oz Tomato Paste
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Ground Mustard
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
1 tsp Liquid Smoke (optional)
1. This recipe needs to be started 48 hours BEFORE you want to cook it. While it is a very quick recipe it takes time to brine the pork and then does sit in the crockpot for 12 hours.
2. Start by mixing all the ingredients for the dry rub together in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In a large pot, add the water, apple cider, salt, Erythritol , 3 tablespoons dry rub, pepper flakes and bay leaves.
4. Rinse off the pork and add to the pot making sure it is completely covered in the brine and add the lid.
5. Place in the fridge for 12 to 24 hours.
6. Next you want to make the BBQ sauce so that it can also sit for 12-24 hours.
7. In a sauce pan over medium heat, add sweetener, vinegars and water. Mix until sweetener is dissolved.
8. Add tomato paste and remaining ingredients. Stir until fully combined. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer.
9. Let simmer about 15 minutes to incorporate all ingredients and build flavor.
10. Put in a mason jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
11. After the meat is done brining you will want to place the pork( and toss the brine) in a crockpot and cook on low for 12 hours. If you do not have a crockpot you can cook in the oven at 200F for 12 hours.
12. Do not open the oven or the crockpot lid the ENTIRE time. Once the 12 hours is up, turn the oven or crockpot off and allow to sit for 2 HOURS untouched.
13. Use two forks to shred the meat and place the meat into a large bowl.
14. Pour the juices in the roasting pan or crockpot over the meat along with the rest of the dry rub and mix well.
15. Top with 1.25 Tbsp of Sauce and enjoy!