Keto Poke Cake
I was going to save this for 4th of July but with it falling on a weekday I figured some of you may be interested in making this for the weekend BBQs! This is an absolutely decedent dessert and great for special occasions!
Keto4Karboholic’s Patriotic Poke Cake
1 Slice: 448 Calories, 42g Fat, 3g Carbs, 11g Protein
1 cup Swerve/erythritol
3/4 cup Butter (softened)
8 large Eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 ½ Tbsp Vanilla Extract
3 cup Almond Flour
1/2 cup Coconut Flour
2 1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
Cream cheese frosting
15 oz Cream cheese (softened)
1/3 cup Butter (softened)
2/3 cup Powdered Sweetener (adjust to taste I prefer Swerve)
2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Batch of HOMEMADE keto sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a 9" round spring form pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, beat together the sweetener and butter, until fluffy.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the almond milk and vanilla extract.
Beat in the almond flour, coconut flour, and gluten-free baking powder.
Transfer 1/2 of the dough to the lined pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 18-22 minutes, until the top is lightly golden and spring-y. Repeat with another 1/2 of the dough.
2. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 mins(do NOT remove from the pan). Then take a wooden dowel and poke holes in the two layers staying at least 1 inch for the other holes and 1 inch from the edge of the cake.
3. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the two cakes evenly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
4. Meanwhile, make the frosting. Beat together the cream cheese, butter, powdered sweetener, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla extract, until smooth.
Once the cakes are cool frost and decorate to your preference!
**I used 100g of blueberries to decorate with 130g of strawberries(sliced very thin) which add an additional 7 calories per slice as well as 2g of carbs(this is optional but makes it look great).**
Keto Condensed Milk Recipe
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 T. butter
1/2 cup swerve
2 Tbsp imitation vanilla
1 egg yolk
1. Bring the heavy cream, butter, imitation vanilla, and sweetener to a gentle boil and cook stirring frequently until it is light golden brown and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
2. Remove from heat. Allow to cool to room temperature before stirring in the egg yolk. Do NOT put in the fridge to cool.