Keto4Karboholic’s Pumpkin- Bread Keto Low Carb Gluten Free
In the fall I always loved making pumpkin bread, or really pumpkin anything! It was one of my favorite parts of fall. This summer I perfected my keto breads for slicing and finally was able to enjoy a “Sandwich” that didn’t fall apart or taste eggy! So this fall I decided to take it up a level and make a keto Pumpkin bread! It did NOT disappoint!! This is not your typical squat loaf either! This baby has volume to make its amazing flavor! Try drizzling with some cream cheese frosting too and this becomes one of my favorite breakfast breads ever! My almost 2 year old can not get enough of it!
Keto4Karboholic’s Pumpkin Bread
Makes 14 Slices
1 Slice: 193 Calories, 18g Fat, 2g Carbs, 6g Protein
1/2 cup Butter melted
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
5 Eggs Room Temperature
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 Cup Almond Flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Ground Flax Meal
3 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
1 Cup of Swerve Brown Sugar Substitute(or erythritol)
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp pumpkin pie extract
Optional: 1/4 tsp ground cloves
1. Preheat your oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Crack the ROOM TEMPERATURE eggs into a bowl, and mix them together
well just by themselves. I actually prefer to use a hand mixer or stand mixer and mix on high for a full 2 mins! After two min mix in the xanthin gum and mix again for 1 FULL MIN.
3. Cut up the butter and place the pieces into a small saucepan. As soon as you see the butter begin to melt, take it off the heat and just let it sit. You don't want the butter to be hot because this will affect your eggs once you add it to the mixture, but you want it melted.
4. Add the coconut oil once the butter has melted. Then once you have your butter and coconut oil melted, slowly stream the oils in while mixing on low until all incorporated. Then mix in the pumpkin puree.
5. Combine the almond flour, hemp hearts, Swerve, baking soda, ground flax, baking powder and spices together into a small bowl. Mix all of these ingredients together with a fork until well combined. Then, little by little, add it to the eggs. FOLD in slowly by hand.
6. Pour into the pan and smooth out the top surface of the bread with a spatula and place in the oven to cook for 55-60 minutes OR until a toothpick pulls out clean. I cover my loaf with tin foil for the last 20 mins to keep it from over browning.
7. Let the bread cool completely before slicing!
Tastes amazing with some cream cheese drizzle or butter!