Hearty Keto Bread
Who misses a nice hearty pice of bread on keto? I made the most AMAZING bread last night completely keto by tweaking my already fabulous slicing bread recipe! This one has added hemp hearts for a nice nutty flavor and added heartiness. This girl is getting ready to fry up some bacon for a REAL BLT right now! I promise this isn’t even remotely eggy tasting and it actually TOASTS! Is anyone else as excited as I am 😆I think tomorrow I will share a pumpkin French toast recipe with it!
Keto4Karboholic’s Hearty Slicing Bread
Makes 24 Slices
1 Slice: 125 Calories, 11.5g Fat, 1g Carbs, and 4.1g Protein
1/2 cup Butter melted
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
6 Eggs Room Temperature
1 tsp baking powder
2 Cup Almond Flour
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Ground Flax Meal
3 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
3 Tbsp Zevia Ginger Root Beer (or seltzer water)
3 Tbsp of Swerve Brown Sugar Substitute(or erythritol)
1. Preheat your oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Crack the ROOM TEMPERATURE eggs into a bowl, and mix them together
well just by themselves. I actually prefer to use a hand mixer or stand mixer and mix on high for a full 2 mins!
3. Cut up the butter and place the pieces into a small saucepan. As soon as you see the butter begin to melt, take it off the heat and just let it sit. You don't want the butter to be hot because this will affect your eggs once you add it to the mixture.
4. Add the coconut oil once the butter has melted.
Then once you have your butter and coconut oil melted, slowly stream the oils in while mixing on low until all incorporated.
5. After that has been mixed stick your ground flax meal in the 3 Tbsp of ginger root beer and let sit for 1 minute.
6. Combine the almond flour, , hemp hearts, Swerve, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt together into a small bowl. Mix all of these ingredients together with a fork until well combined. Then, little by little, add it to the eggs. Then 7. Finally add the ground flax and rootbeer and fold gently into the mixture.
8. Pour into the pan and smooth out the top surface of the bread with a spatula and place in the oven to cook for 45-50 minutes.
9.Let the bread cool before slicing!