Barbacoa Burrito Bowl- Chipotle Hack
Step aside Chipotle there's a new chef in town :) If you love Mexican food then you need to give this a try! Barbacoa is incredibly flavorful and tender! The perfect topping for you burrito bowl, salad, or omelet!!
Barbacoa Meat Chipoltle Hack
- 2-3lb beef bottom round roast or chuck roast
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1tbspchipotle powder
- 1tbspdried oregano
- 1tspchili powder
- 1/2tspground black pepper
- 1cupbone broth
- 1/4cup vinegar
- 1/4cuplime juice
- Fresh cilantro for a garnish
- Set instant pot to Sauté setting and heat 2 tbsp of olive oil for 10 minutes.
- Add beef to the Instant Pot and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Leave the beef in the Instant Pot and turn it off.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients, except cilantro, in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the meat, close the lid, and cook for 60 minutes on high pressure.
- Release the pressure and open the lid. Take out the meat, shred it with 2 forks, and return it back into the Instant Pot.
- Stir, sprinkle with cilantro, and serve as taco meat or as a rice-less burrito bowl!
**Can be made in a crockpot too. Brown the meat in a pan then combine al the ingredients into a crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.**