Makes 10 servings
1 Serving: 167 calories, 12g fat, 4g carbs, 28g protein
3 cups unsalted chicken broth (I used 2 cups garlic infused and 1 cup plain)
½ cup tomato puree
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup chile powder
2 ½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp granulated erythritol
1/4 tsp cayenne powder
1/16 tsp ground clove
1/16 tsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp butter
½ head medium sized cabbage
3 chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
2 jalapeños diced
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Put all of the ingredients into a medium to large frying pan on medium heat.
3. Simmer, stirring occasionally. It will be thin but flavorful. It will thicken-up in the oven as the enchiladas cook.
4. Next place the chicken breasts in the sauce and cover cooking on medium high for 15-20 minutes.
5. While the chicken cooks boil a large pot of water and place the cabbage leaves in to boil for 15 minutes. Once done, drain water and put aside.
6. Remove chicken and shred it.
7. Keep 1 cup of the sauce put aside. Mix the chicken in with the remainder of the sauce and the diced jalapeños.
8. In a casserole dish layer cabbage leaves to cover the bottom.
9. Then layer ½ of the meat mixture, followed by ½ cup pf cheese then repeat for a second layer.
10. Top with the remainder of the cheese and drizzle the rest of the sauce over the top.
11. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese on the top is bubbling.
12. Enjoy with some sour cream!