Christmas Sugar and Spice Roasted Pecans
Christmas Roasted Pecans
Makes 6 Servings
1 Serving (1/2 cup): 257 Calories, 26g Fat, 2g Carbs, 3g Protein
2 cups raw, unsalted pecans
1 cup Swerve
1/4 cup Water
1 tsp Vanilla extract or Imitation Vanilla
1 Tbsp Choczero Caramel Syrup (optional)
Pinch of Salt
½ tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp cloves
- Preheat oven to 250F
- Heat a large frying pan or skillet pan on medium heat. When hot, add the Swerve, water, vanilla extract, salt, cloves, cinnamon and mix until fully combined. Allow to heat up, stirring occasionally.
- When the Swerve has completely melted, add the optional caramel syrup. Then add the raw, unsalted almonds. Watch over the pan and continue stirring often until most of the Swerve has coated the pecans.
- Remove pan from the heat and allow to sit for 1-2 minutes, before using a wooden spoon to stir nuts together to avoid immediate, overlarge clusters forming.
- Place on parchment paper and bake for 20 mins.
- Take out and sprinkle a little salt over them (completely optional but tastes great) allow to cool before enjoying!