Keto Monkey Bread
Keto Monkey Bread
Makes 10 servings
1 Serving: 452 calories, 38g fat, 3g carbs, 18g protein
3 cup almond flour
10 Tbsp psyllium husk powder
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
1 cup Swerve
8 egg whites
4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 cup BOILING water
1 Tbsp vanilla extract/imitation vanilla
8 oz cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract/imitation vanilla
3 Tbsp Swerve
8 TBS butter
1 TBS cinnamon
1/2 cup Swerve
½ cup chopped pecans(optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, psyllium powder, baking powder, salt and sweetener.
3. Mix until combined.
4. Add in the eggs and vinegar and combine until a thick dough (even with a stand mixer it will get too thick to mix, that’s ok).
5. Add boiling water into the bowl. Mix until well combined(start slow so it doesn’t throw boiling water at you). I suggest mixing it for a minimum of 3 minutes on medium.
6. Separate dough into 20 equal sized balls and flatten them between your hands(its easier to work the dough with slightly damp hands).
7. In a separate bowl mix the filling ingredients. Take 0.4 oz (if you don’t have a scale or don’t want to weigh 20 servings you can eyeball 20 equal portions) and place in the middle of the dough and ball the dough up around it.
8. Place the balls in a greased Bundt pan no more than 2 balls high.
9. Bake for 75 minutes
10. While that is baking begin making the topping when it has 15 minutes left to cook.
11. In a small sauce pan heat all the ingredients (except the nuts) until smooth, usually 2-3 minutes on medium heat stirring frequently.
12. Take the Bundt pan out of the oven and pour the topping over the bread equally and sprinkle the nuts over it.
13. Return the pan to the oven to bake for an addition 10-15 minutes.
14. Once done remove for the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes. At this point you can flip it over onto a tray and slice it or leave it in the pan and slice it. Enjoy!!