Keto4Karboholics Loaded Mashed-Faux-Tater Balls
Keto4Karboholics Fried Loaded Mashed-Faux-Tater Balls
1 Serving: 103 Calories, 8g Fat, 2g Carbs, 6g Protein
4 slices bacon, diced
2 cups peanut oil, or more, as needed
2 cups cooked cauliflower rice
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup almond milk
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
1 Tbsp chives
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup Almond Flour
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
2. Heat peanut oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
3. Cook Cauliflower rice in either a steamer or in the microwaveable bags.Then put the rice into a clean dish rag and squeeze all the water out! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
4. In a food processor combine Cauliflower rice, ½ of the cheddar, almond milk, garlic powder, and salt. Pulse for 20 seconds.
5. In a large bowl, combine cauliflower mixture, remaining cheese, chives, and bacon.
6. Using a small cookie scoop, roll the mixture into 1 1/4-to-1 1/2-inch balls, forming about 10.
7. Working one at a time, dip balls into the beaten egg, then dredge in almond flour, pressing lightly to coat.
8. Working in batches, add balls to the Dutch oven and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
9. Serve immediately