Keto Magic Bars
Day 17 of the Holiday Recipe Challenge is Keto Magic Bars!!!! These are one of my absolute favorite holiday treats. My Grandpa's wife always makes them for the holidays( or really any event because we love them!!!) I just turned the recipe keto! I am taking them to a party tomorrow so I will report back on how the non keto people liked them. But I call these a win!!
Keto Magic Bars
Makes 15 Bars
1 Serving: 156 Calories, 14g Fat, 1g Carbs, 2g Protein
1/4 cup ground flax meal
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup butter
1Tbsp imitation vanilla
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 T. butter
1/2 cup swerve
2 Tbsp imitation vanilla
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Combine crust ingredients and press into the bottom of a lined 8×8 baking dish( use parchment paper or aluminum foil). Bake at 350 for 16 min. or until golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, start in on making the sugar free condensed milk.
3. Bring the heavy cream, 2 T. butter, imitation vanilla, and sweetener to a gentle boil and cook stirring frequently until it is light golden brown and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
4. Remove from heat. Allow to cool to room temperature before stirring in the egg yolk. Do NOT put in the fridge to cool.
5. Sprinkle coconut, chocolate chips, and walnuts onto the crust. Drizzle condensed milk over the top. Bake at 350 for 20-25 min. until set and golden brown. Cool completely and chill in the fridge before serving or the crust can crumble.