Pecan Stuffed Chicken Topped With A Vanilla Bourbon Cranberry Sauce
Makes 14 Servings (1 Tbsp)
1 Serving: 7 Calories, 0g fat, .5 g Carbs, 0g protein
6oz fresh cranberries
½ cup swerve
½ cup of water
1 Tbsp whiskey/bourbon
1 Tbsp imitation vanilla
1. Put your cranberries into a large pan, and pour in your sugar and water.
2. Over medium-high heat bring it to a boil.
3. Reduce to a simmer and add in your bourbon/whiskey and vanilla.
4. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until its a nice thick consistency. If you want it a little thicker boil longer, a little saucier boil less.
Makes 6 Servings
1 Serving: 315 Calories, 2g Carbs, 18g Protein
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cups chopped spinach (raw)
1 tsp minced garlic
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp kosher salt
2 Tbsp of butter
¼ Chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Combine the cream cheese, spinach, garlic, parmesan, mozzarella, pecans, black pepper, cloves, and salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
3. Trim your chicken of any visible fat or membranes. Cut them in half lengthwise.
4. Pound the chicken flat with a meat mallet until it’s about twice the size of when you started, being careful not to pound so thin that it breaks.
5. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken.
6. Spoon 1/4 of the filling mixture into the middle of a chicken cutlet and roll (like sushi).
7. Place in a casserole dish and top each piece with ½ Tbsp of butter.
8. Put in the oven and cook for 45 mins.
9. Top with 2 Tbsp of cranberry sauce and enjoy