Delicious Keto Whoopie Pies
Holiday Recipe Extravaganza Day 15 is a good old fashioned New England Ket Whoopie Pie!! These are delicious, chocolaty, moist whoopie pies filled with AMAZING cream cheese frosting! Everyone will gobble them up!!
Keto Whoopie Pies
1 Serving: 346 Calories, 32g Fat, 3g Carbs, 8g of protein
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup Chocolate Casein Powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener or other granulated erythritol
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 325F and line two baking sheets with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut flour, casein powder, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat butter and sweetener until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla until incorporated and then beat in half of the almond flour mixture. Beat in almond milk and then remaining almond flour mixture until well combined.
4. Use a ¼ cup to scoop out the mixture onto the baking sheet. Use your hands to round into like mounds.
5. Bake 13 to 15 minutes, until just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely before piping the frosting.
8 ounces full fat cream cheese, room temperature
4 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
1/4 Cup Swerve(http://amzn.to/2z24JHz)
1 teaspoon imitation vanilla
1/3 cup heavy cream
1. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth and fluffy. Add sweetener and vanilla and blend in thoroughly.
2. In a separate bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form.
3. In a separate bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form.
4. Fold about 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture to lighten.
5. Add remaining whipped cream to the mixture and fold in gently.
6. Then Using a pastry bag (or zip lock bag with a corner cut off), pipe filling on six of the chocolate cookies. Top with the remaining six cookies. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to eat.