Italian Meatballs With Marinara Sauce
Day 14 of the Holiday Recipe Extravaganza is Italian Meatballs!! This is an excellent dish to bring with you to any Holiday Party or dinner. These meatballs are moist and delicious. No need to miss out on good Italian food on Keto!
Makes 20 Meatballs
1 Meatball: 180 Calories, 12g Fat, 1g Carbs, 18g Protein
2.5 lbs 80/20 Ground beef
½ lb of thick cut bacon
3 Tbsp Ground Flax
¼ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp parsley
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
½ tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp oregano
1Tbsp Almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil(makes clean up easier).
3. Combine all dry ingredient in a small bowl and mix well.
4. In a large bowl beat the egg and almond milk.
5. Take the bacon and put into a food processor or blender and blend until a PASTE.
6. Then add the bacon paste and ground beef to the egg mixture and mix well.
7. Combine the Dry ingredients to the meat mixture and mix well with your hands(sorry it gets messy).
8. Finally roll the meatballs out taking 2 large Tbsp. of meat( or eyeballing out 20 equal portions) and rolling into a ball and placing it on the lined baking sheet.
9. Bake for 35mins or until golden brown.
10. Top with your favorite marinara sauce!
Makes 16 ¼ cup Servings
1 Serving: 49 Calories, 4g Fats, 2g Carbs, 1g Protein
28 oz can Peeled Tomatoes (no sugar added)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp salt (add more if necessary)
2 Tbsp red wine
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Blend the tomatoes in a blender or nutribullet until pureed.
2. In a sauce pan on medium heat add olive oil and spices stirring frequently.
3. After about one minute add the pureed tomato, vinegar, and wine.
4. Lower the temperature and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.