Keto Low Carb Tirimisu
Keto approved Tiramisu! Sooo good! This is not a quick dessert, it requires chilling at different steps as well as sitting overnight(so keep threat in mind). The best part is when cut 9 ways( and that's a generous portion) it's only 2g carbs!!!!!
Makes 9 Servings
1 Serving: Calories 333, 31g Fat, 2g Carbs, 6g Protein
4 egg yolks
8 tsp Swerve
2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
8 oz mascarpone cheese
1 cup heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup espresso ( can substitute very strong coffee)room temperature
2.5 Tbsp rum
One 8X8 Oopsie cake
2 Squares of Lilly’s Dark Chocolate or 70% Choczero Squares
1. Whisk yolks, sweetener and unsweetened almond milk together in a small pan over medium low heat until light and fluffy and hot(roughly 5 mins). Then keep whisking for another minute. Whisk the ENTIRE time!!
2. Take the mascarpone out of the fridge to soften and put the yolk mixture in the fridge to cool (at least an hour).
3. Then, whisk heavy cream and vanilla extract to make whipped cream. Set aside. Take the yolk mixture and mascarpone and whip those together. Set aside.
4. Combine coffee and rum. Set aside.
5. Take the Oopsie cake and cut it down the middle and into little rectangles( like lady fingers).
6. Assemble: Place the "lady fingers" on the bottom of your 8x8 pan. Drizzle half the coffee mixture all over the cake. Spread half the mascarpone mixture over that, then half the whipped cream. Place the next row of "lady fingers" on top, then drizzle the rest of the coffee on, then the mascarpone, then the whipped cream.
7. Using a small sifter, dust the cocoa on the top(I or grate a little dark sugar free chocolate on top).
8. Refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 hours.
Oopsie Cake (Modified “oopsie roll”)
5 eggs, separated
5 oz cream cheese, cut into pieces (from the fridge, do not soften)
1/4 tsp cream of tartar (optional, but it does work better with)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp of Swerve
Whisk the 5 egg whites in a large, clean bowl with the cream oftartar until stiff peaks form. I set my stand mixer on high and leave it for 8 mins. Set Aside. In another bowl (you can use the same mixer if you do the whites first), combine the yolks, cream cheese, vanilla, and sweetener until well mixed (there may be bits of white, though). Drizzle the yolk mixture into the whites very slowly and fold very gently until fully combined, being careful not to break down the egg whites. Line a 13X9 pan with parchment paper or grease *very* well, and bake at 300 degrees until golden brown on top (about 35 minutes). Let cool in pan. Remove from pan and set on the counter for a few hours to dry out some. Do not refrigerate.