Crispy Keto Coconut Chicken (Say that 3 times fast!)
Keto4Karboholics Coconut Crispy Chicken! Crispy and delicious! Tossed in a homemade sweet asian chili sauce.
Keto4Karboholics Coconut Chicken
3 Tenders: 403 calories, 24g fat, 45g protein, 2g carbs
- Ghee for frying (can also use coconut oil)
- 2 Tbsp Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cups of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Tenderloins
- In a medium pot, add Ghee. Turn burner to medium and allow ghee to get nice and hot. The perfect temperature should be 365*F
- In a bowl mix baking powder, salt, pepper & cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, add 2 eggs and lightly beat.
- In a third bowl add coconut flakes and almond flour.
- Take chicken and douse in baking powder mixture. Then dip into eggs and cover well. Then dip in coconut and set aside on a plate. Do this to all chicken(repeat if you want a thick coating).
- Once chicken is ready, check oil.
- Once oil is hot enough, GENTLY add chicken one piece at a time to oil.
- Cook chicken for approximately 4 minutes then flip and allow the other side to cook. Cook second side for an additional approximate 4 minutes.
- Gently remove golden chicken and set on a paper towel lined plate. Cook chicken in batches if all does not fit into pan.
- If you'd rather BAKE instead of fry follow these directions: Preheat the oven to 400*F. Lay coconut breaded chicken on a baking dish lined with parchment paper, non stick foil or a baking mat. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn chicken over. Bake 10 more minutes (total 25) or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!
Sweet Asian Chili Sauce
5 calorie, 1g carbs, 0 fat,0 protien
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2Tbsp Swerve
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp Xanthan Gum
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a nonstick pan. Heat over medium-heat while stirring, to dissolve the sugar. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Add the xanthan gum and mix it through. Let it cook for a couple of minutes to thicken.